We asked several health advisors to pass on their favorite health-related tips.
We believe that these advisors are all in their field, and we would, therefore, like to give them a chance to share some of their knowledge with us through this route. We hope that you can enjoy these tips and that they can also provide a lot of practical and useful information for you.
We have summarized the tips in a top 25 list:
1. Are you having trouble sleeping quickly? Then turn off all electronic devices (including the TV!) And all the bright lights in the house two hours before you go to bed. Prefer a good book instead.
2. Cook at your leisure and without much fat at a low temperature. If you cook food in a slow manner and at a low temperature, you retain all the useful nutrients.
3. Consider eating healthy food in the function of a classic five-week working week. This means that you eat as healthily as possible during the days of the week and that you add some margin for the occasional small sin in the weekend. So eat healthy five days a week and take the belt off for two days.
4. Do you need a snack? Then try eating 3 or 4 stalks of celery. It will help you curb your appetite without compromising your diet.
5. Did you know that brushing your teeth also helps to curb your appetite?
6. Stand on one leg at least once a day for 1 minute. Repeat with the other leg during the day. This simple exercise, it has been proven, would be good to promote the density of a healthy bone system.
7. Do not make physical exercise a chore. If possible, do them outside the house. Basketball, softball, soccer, tennis, golf, anything! It all counts as an exercise. Experience it too. The key is to be and stay active.
8. Keep your mind sharp; this is the secret to a long and healthy life. Learn something new. For example, learn to speak a different language. Take a lesson somewhere near you. Never stop learning new things.
9. People sometimes claim that they do not exercise because they suffer from their joints. But what they want to say is that their joints hurt because they are not applying.
10. Do not throw away the cooking liquid from your cooked vegetables, but drink it or use it in a sauce. This boiling fluid is full of healthy vitamins and minerals.
11. Try to eat only half as much as you usually eat.
12. Stay away from that scale. A better indication of how much weight you lose is how well your clothes fit you.
13. Eat slowly, take a deep breath, and move with your body.
14. Drink water before you start to eat, it will fill you up, and you will eat less through it.
15. No matter how old you are, where you live, or what season it is: you benefit from a vitamin D supplement.
16. Take each of these three essential supplements: a multivitamin, omega three fatty acids, and ubiquinol CoQ10.
17. If you sometimes have problems swallowing capsules, it is better to take them with some warm water or hot tea. In this way, they become softer, and they slide into the throat more easily.
18. Do you have problems taking fish oil supplements? Then you can try to freeze them first.
19. Do you suffer from an allergy in the nose? Use air filters and hypoallergenic sheets and blankets. You will be amazed at how well these alternatives do their job!
20. There are various healthy ways to (learn to) eat vegetables. In order from more healthy to less healthy they are as follows: fresh and raw, fresh and steamed, from the freezer and steamed, from the fridge and cooked, from a can.
21. Don’t overeat. When you are satisfied with food, you best stop and get up from the table to take a walk.
22. Use resistance bands to practice your most important muscle groups while you work on your computer.
23. Steak from cows fed with grass contains significantly more omega three fats than cows fed with grain.
24. Sleep when you are tired, eat when you are hungry, and drink water when you are thirsty.
25. There are no magic solutions.